Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Very Good Day & Other Stuff

Christmas 08 015



Church was wonderfully good today!! It was refreshing to fellowship with our brothers and sisters after a hard week. Thank God for our little home church.

Williams dad is doing well except for his kidneys. Yesterday we had a good visit; my FIL was more himself. He made jokes and harassed the nurses! :) We had some serious discussion also concerning the signing of a Living Will. He does not want life support and Wm. has one sister that will absolutely want him on it if it came to that. She just will not respect his wishes so we need this in place. When he comes home he will need 24/7 care for several weeks and that was divided up among the family.

Speaking of SIL's, it has been an interesting week. I have never been close to my SIL's; we are very different people. Listening to the worldly talk and useless conversations has been exhausting. Things that are so unimportant are foremost in their minds. It is hard to not to just run screaming from the room. They do not want to hear about God; their minds are closed to Him. It is very sad. The heart of man is desperately wicked.

I am so thankful for my relationship with Christ. He is my source and sustainer. I am thankful that my husband and children have that same relationship with Him.

Tomorrow it is back to the hospital to get an update and visit. My sweet hubby has put in about 1000 miles this week driving us back and forth. I am glad that today he can rest.

photo courtesy of Hannah Queen




1 comment:

Jennifer P. said...

I know how difficult it can be to be a believer in a sea of those who feel no need. Hurts more when they're in your own family. Glad you have your church family to turn to! Glad Sunday was such a day of rest for you too!