Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life Update

Today Sarah took her first horseback riding lesson. She is taking from a girl her age that is also homeschooled. Too cool!!

Sarah learned about haltering the horse, saddling the horse, where to stand so as not to get the 'living daylights' knocked out of you (I consider this one to be very important), and how to get the horse to respect you. She never got on the horse today and I was happy with that. See, I rode during my teen years and I was thrown, bite, stepped on, clotheslined in the woods, etc. It all hurts bad when it comes from a 1500 lb. horse! And I was a good rider.

I think she will enjoy riding and being around the horses. She is a calm person, which is great when you are around a BIG animal that can spook. I am proud of her for going for it.

It looks like we may be baking bread and other items for the lady that owns the restaurant/bakery. I sent an order form today. We plan to take her other baked good soon.

Right now I am baking banana bread in mini loaves (lots of mini loaves) to sell this weekend
at a fundraiser for the Crisis Pregnancy Center where I sit on the board. We are selling Bar-B-Que and the fixins. The girls are going to make huge chocolate chip cookies to sell. It will be an all day event from 11am until. Chris, our Executive Director and my catering partner's husband, will be in rare form. This means he will be 'selling' the Q!!!

Tomorrow morning I meet with the lady that called us about managing some of her rental cabins. I am taking her a loaf of banana bread. Is that bad?! Well, I want the work. Heck, I need the work. Those of you who pray, please pray! The local economy where we live is bad and we depend on out of the area and out of state income. Our restoration business screeches to a halt in the winter; managing cabins would be a great replacement income.

I continue to be amazed at how our Lord supplies our needs. It thrills my heart and soul!

I go back to Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us


God's word is full of promises for His children. He is a gracious, loving Father. Life isn't always easy, but it is always precious with Him.



P.S. - We will get back to remodeling after this week is over. With the weekend coming up and the baking, I am swamped.

No comments: