Friday, July 25, 2008

Just Hannah and Mom

Hannah and I delivered some wheat (actually a lot of wheat- 50lbs) to some friends of ours about 2 hrs. south of us. It was a spur of the moment thing and they welcomed us graciously and fed us dinner! I have known Rita since our college days and she, Mark her husband and Nathan, their son are precious people (and I am not just saying that because she reads my blog!). And they are homeschoolers!
We had a nice evening of conversation in which Mark's father joined us. He is 86 and charming. Then we went out and picked blueberries. YEAH!! They also gave us some heirloom apples, so I can make something yummy in the next day or two.
It was a great time and Rita is a wonderful, gracious hostess! (don't tell her I said that)

P.S. We talked to William, Sarah, Hayden and DeGina today. The mission trip is going great! I wish I was there, but it wasn't to be. They are blessing and being blessed.

No comments: