Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Day in the Kitchen


We had a great day in the kitchen cooking Cheese Crusted Chicken, greenbeans and potatoes for 110! Oh and we made corn bread and banana cake. Whew!
These two people on the left came in to help us clean today and they are PRICELESS! First off, they are slap funny and they are willing to work. Love ya Kevin and Jan!
Tonight was our last night to make lunches for the masses. Darn! Actually we have a blast doing the sack lunches. We got us an assembly line going and DeGina is hollering 'whatyahave'(you'd have to be from around Atlanta to understand that phrase). Lawsy, the bread and such flies!
Which brings me to a flour fight that occurred yesterday in the kitchen and some confusion on who actually started said fight and why it began in the first place. See now as I recall, my partner and best bud was dissing my biscuit making. She said she ain't never seen nothing like my biscuit mix. Hurt my feelings. I believe feeling the need to defend my honor and my biscuits, I did throw a little flour in her direction. A little. Well the next thing you know, she is throwing a whole heaping hand full in MY FACE!! Now, what's up with that. I mean I was covered up. SO, in the desire to be fair and take revenge (just keeping it real) and chased her around the fellowship hall, around the tables, wore her down and proceeded to douse her with flour. Just a little. We had flour all over. Anyway, she then had to make some of her biscuits. They was FLAT, I shoulda had a camera. Mine were tall and purty. Then we had to clean up. :-)

The girls and I talked on the way home last night about our 'incident' with the women that wouldn't help. Sarah said the way she saw it is if she can do it, she should do it. Amen girl!! We are blessed and are called to be servants. Hannah said a christian just wouldn't act as they did. The girl don't pull NO punches.

Favorite quote from Erma Bombeck: When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".

No comments: