Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kids Praise Team


I have been praying as to what the Lord wanted me to do this church year. I have served on our Personnel team for several years which can be a tough job and was not elected to serve there this year. I always falter a little when God is redirecting me, wondering where I fit. I had resolved to wait patiently to hear from Him. He, of course, came through!

He led me to begin leading a Kids Praise Team on Sunday evenings. Sarah is helping me and we had 12 kids Sunday. They were a blessing!! I am teaching them old Sunday School songs, hymns and contemporary songs. I want them to have an appreciation for all types of christian music. I also talk with them about what the songs mean and why we sing them. We find the scripture that goes with the song also.

I will continue to sing on the Praise Team and work to lead the church in a deeper understanding of worship. To me there is no other reason to sing except to praise my Heavenly Father. It has always been a humbly thing for me to sing in front of others and lead worship. It is not entertainment, it for our Lord.


Hebrews 13:15

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that confess his name.

Psalms 33:3
Sing to the LORD a new song; Sing to the LORD, all the earth.

Psalms 134:2

Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD

Psalms 47:1

Oh clap your hands, all ye peoples; Shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

No comments: