Sunday, June 1, 2008

Catering


My best friend and business partner did our largest catering job last November. It was a 600 person banquet for a non-profit organization. It was an incredible experience and an exhausting one! We worked two 18 hour days the day before and day of the dinner. I have never worked so hard or been so proud of us. My two daughters and her oldest daughter worked along side us tirelessly. There was only one mishap and that involved ME. I was taking a pan of chicken out of an oven and it tipped toward me. I had hot grease go down the front of my chest; there was nothing I could do because I was NOT dropping that chicken! I survived and the whole evening went off perfectly. You learn a lot about yourself when you take on a task this large; it will kill you or make you stronger. I choose stronger!

No comments: