Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We Need Spring

IMG_5750


We need spring so everyone can get outside and so William can work. William hasn't worked in 3 months and our finances are tight. We are blessed to have 4 jobs set up but the weather has to improve before he can start to work.

Being self employed is such a faith walk, but I guess being employed at all is a faith walk these days. You truly have to trust God to provide because there are no guarantees.

I have a friend who's husband worked for a company 20+ yrs and was permanently laid off. Their savings is gone. They have struggled to get their footing. Another whose husband is a builder that had just built a 600K spec home when the economy tanked. Another trying to avoid foreclosure.

There are moments when my faith just isn't strong enough. It 's not that I want stuff, stuff lost its appeal a long time ago. It is trusting that the next job will come. That I can pay our bills. That the IRS will send our refund! Trusting that God's timing is perfect...


Phil. 4:19

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

photo courtesy of Hannah Queen



1 comment:

De Gina said...

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen! I know you have heard that a bazillion times, but truly break it down and look at it again. This helps me when my Faith is low. God honors faith and is always working where faith is applied!