Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Psalms 101:2-4

I will give heed to the blameless way When will You come to me? I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart. I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me. A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will know no evil.




This scripture has given me pause today. Within our homes is our real test of character isn't it. Not that this is a new thought to me or you; but one worth revisiting for the sake of our witness before family and our obedience to God.

With media so pervasive in our culture we must be vigilant. Vigilant in music, TV, videos, movies, radio. What is occupying our time? What is shaping our thoughts? What is holding our thoughts? What do others see as our priorities?

God is not leading us to legalism; legalism is in doing something to find favor with Him. He wants our hearts pure and focused on Him, not on the things of the world that will pass away. It is up to each of us to determine if 'something' is taking priority over our relationship with God.

Are we allowing the enemy to fill our minds with the "work of those who fall away"? Do we 'know' evil because we are companions of it in some way? Has something 'fastened its grip' on you?

I will be asking myself these questions.


Blessings

No comments: