Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Have Changed My Mind


In my last post I told you about a book written by a lady I recently heard speak at a Christmas dinner. I finished her book yesterday and I have mixed feelings about it. Let me explain.


Being a mom and wife is the most important things in the world to me and I put those roles first. Debbie Griffths chose to work very long hours to build a business and her son was sent off to military school. Before you all jump on me, I am not passing judgment nor are these things evil. I am just not as impressed with the 'rest of the story'.

Debbie admits in her book that building a big business was her priority. She admits that she worked long, long hours. She also admits that she became spiritually bankrupt. Now, none of this changed until she sold the business for a profit. She didn't stop until the business got SO big she couldn't run it.

I am just confused. It seems that her priorities were out of sorts for a mom and wife, in my mind. I am just not sure where God gets the glory in this.


Just my thoughts...





No comments: