Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yesterday as I read the paper there was another family we know loosing their home to foreclosure. I heard about two more from a friend that may be loosing theirs also. I breaks my heart.

These are self-employed, hard working people. The economy has effected so many in our area due to the large number of small business owners like us. These are builders, plumbers, electricians, etc.; all people we have worked with at some time.

I don't know what they are going to do or where they will go. This is so life changing; leaving your home, packing up all your belongings and not knowing what the future will bring. They have children that are effected by this too.

But, hard times push us closer to God. Hard times test our faith; do we mean what we say. Can we walk the walk? They remind us that possessions are not important; our relationship with Christ is the only thing that matters. Everything else is temporal; just things that can take our eyes off our call and purpose.


I pray for God's comfort and mercy on all that are suffering.

No comments: