Friday, October 22, 2010

Time to Go Home!

simple + pretty

Beginning on Wednesday, Hannah and I started asking about my Cumodin levels, praying that they would be up to where the Dr. wanted them. Slowly they began to climb, but not fast enough for me!

Wednesday was a tough day for both of us. Hannah had not been sleeping well and wanted me home. I was tired of laying in bed watching TV. We both were teary all day.

By Thursday I was more resolved, knowing that I did not need to leave without the right amount of blood thinner in me. I definitely did not want a repeat of Friday. The existing clot was begin taken care of by my body, but without blood thinner, it could start growing again.

Friday evening I found out that my levels were up, but I refused to get my hopes up until the Dr. came in a said I could go home. Saturday morning she came in and said those sweet words!

She told me that it had been a blessing to care for me and then gave everyone of us a big hug. I told her that she had been a blessing to us in so many ways.

The nurses were excited for us and came in to tell us bye. One in particular that had taken Hannah and I under her wing came in to give us a hug. We had developed some good friendships with these sweet women and they certainly made our stay more bearable. A lot of laughter flowed from my room during the week. God had sent dedicated nurses to watch over me.


A couple of things:

We still do not know why I experienced this massive clot. There is one genetic test we have not heard from. I did not have an injury, I had not been on a plane for hours, I had not been completely immobile for a length of time, I am not over 60, etc. I did have the symptoms though; difficulty breathing, chest pain on inspiration, rapid heart rate, and low blood oxygen saturation.

It is possible that the blood clot moved to my chest and began to grow slowly over the 2 weeks I was being treated for pneumonia. By the time it was detected it was very large and very dangerous. But we will never know for sure and I am ok with that.

I have seen God's hand every step of the way during this journey. I have felt His strength when I was weak. I have felt His peace when the world would say there should be no peace. I have felt His comfort in the mist of great discomfort. I have experienced sweet sleep because I had hope no matter the outcome.


God is our Refuge and Strength, a very present and well-proved help in trouble. Psalm 46:1

For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you Isaiah 41:13

Be anxious about nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6, 7

When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24



Your right hand has held me up!

1 comment:

Meggan said...

What a strange ordeal! I'm very glad that you're back home and able to get back to normal life again. Hopefully there are things you can do that will make the recurrence of this health concern less likely.