Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stronger

stronger

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. II Corinthians 12:9-10

His grace was and is sufficient for this young woman of faith.

I can not begin to describe the pain I saw in her face as the doctors spoke to us about the reality of my situation. I can not imagine how she felt as she saw her mother laying in a bed helpless. I can not grasp how alone she must have felt with no one there for her that first night while I lay in ICU.

What I do know and understand is that she found a strength that is not of this world to navigate her way. To take care of not only herself in a strange hospital, but to make sure I had what I needed. I know that she had to call on all she had been taught over the last 20 years to make it through those first 24 hours.

There were several that offered to come stay with me so she could go home and rest; wild horses couldn't have pulled her away. There was a determination in her eyes to see to my care; she wasn't leaving me.

There are no words to describe how much appreciate what she did day in and day out for me. She cared for my every need no matter how small or trivial. And goodness, let the Heparin bag get low and the girl was fit to be tied; that was life to me as far as she was concerned. She was going to make sure that ran uninterrupted!


Today she is stronger for having walked a difficult road. Today she knows that His strength is sufficient in her day of need.


2 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That's my girl. Love you.

Dad