Saturday, January 2, 2010

For 2010

This year I am going to focus my blog more on what we are doing as a family to conserve and reduce consuming. As I have already stated the economic downturn has not been nice to us and we have been reshaping much of our lives. I must say it has been done with a good attitude most of the time!

For awhile we have been composting, recycling, turning off lights, using reusable bags to shop, and using towels in the kitchen. We added chickens in 09 for eggs.

More recently we have been paying more attention to our food costs and cooking at home almost exclusively. I plan a menu for the week and we pretty much stick with it.

This situation is a blessing. The children spend more time developing their talents, I am learning more about sewing and we are learning that being consumers is not entertainment. This is probably a big DUH for most of you, but I wasn't raised this way. My mother did not sew, knit, play an instrument, she barely cooked. Shopping was her entertainment.


Most importantly I remember that God promised to supply our NEEDS, not our wants. That is liberating.


Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26: 3-4


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.