Monday, December 7, 2009

Fa La La La La?

Since my last post I have been trying to process all that is going on in my head concerning the holidays. I have discovered that this is not an easy task! There seems to be a lot of stuff going on in the northern most portion of my body.

Feelings of inadequacy have reared their ugly head. You don't decorate enough, you don't bake enough, you don't have 100 yr. old recipes you cook from... bla bla bla.

Then there are the real issues . No church home, no grandparents, no pile of cash, etc. Goodness, I sound pathetic.

So, I am working through these things; sometimes I do pretty good, other times, well, not so good. I want to sit down and have a good cry. I want to wallow in my perceived misery. UGH. So not worth it.

So what I don't live in a Southern Living house, we don't need another cookie, and 100 yr. old recipes aren't that good, we just want them to be.

SO THERE! I am determined to enjoy this season with my family and close friends. I am blessed, we are blessed.

photography by Hannah Queen


No comments: