Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mother/Daughter Retreat and Something Unexpected

12

DeGina and I had a wonderful get away with our girls. The cabin was cute and the weather was mild.

We went to Cades Cove, which is one of my favorite places. It is so serene and fall is a beautiful time to visit. We had a picnic while we were there.

14crazy days

We laughed until our cheeks hurt. Watched Tim Hawkins, which didn't help our cheeks. Cooked some great meals. And did a little shopping.

The second night DeGina and I heard scratching in our bedroom. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, but I KNEW if it was inside that room with us, one of us was leaving! We would about get to sleep, and it was start again. Finally I decided I was going outside, trusting it was out there not inside, to see what was going on. (it was late ok, you become fearless and I took a broom!) I looked in the direction is was coming from and didn't see anything, then around the corner came a raccoon! Oh my word!!!

I hollered for DeGina, who mind you, was not running to my rescue, but finally came out. Hannah, listening to me yell, couldn't figure out how to get out of her room in the dark, ending up in the closet before getting out.

He and I had a stare down and he finally walked off. I can be intimidating!! Or just scary in my gown and holding a broom!

8

6

Catherine and Sarah doing something, I think?!


Saturday morning we got ready to leave the cabin and do a little more shopping before we headed home. Unfortunately DeGina got a call that changed our plans.




She received a call that her oldest son, Will, had fallen and broken his back. We headed to Atlanta, instead of home. Things change in a moment.


Instead of looking at the changing colors of fall, we looked at this.

20

Waiting to see this.

2123

Dining here with DeGina's parents after they visited in ICU.

30

Eating this.
2728

Looking at a very different night landscape than expected.

35

And sleeping here instead of my own bed worrying about a young man's health and future. Trusting Jeremiah 29:11 for him.
31

Catherine, being under 18, couldn't go in ICU, so I took her and my girls to a hotel for the night to allow DeGina to be with Will and hopefully meet with a doctor.

Will is still in ICU, but he is able to move his arms and legs. His back is broke in 4 places and he is on a morphine drip. The doctors haven't said much yet. He will probably need rehabilitation once he is released from the hospital.

God's provision is amazing. We had a GSP, which I didn't need for going to Pigeon Forge, but we used to get from there to Atlanta. I had extra medication for myself. I had the ability to get us a hotel room. DeGina had someone to take care of Catherine so she didn't have to worry about her. Praise the Lord!!

photography by Hannah Queen

No comments: