Thursday, May 21, 2009

Full Disclosure

Ok, in my last post I did not tell everything that happened today. So after one final incident, I realized that I have one kind, bald-headed reader that would be so disappointed if I left out 'gory' details.

Earlier while cutting (yes Kevin, cutting) string for tags I picked up the scissors and ran them across my palm. Don't ask how I managed this. I grabbed a towel, wiped the blood and moved on. Then while snipping (yes, snipping Kevin) a string that was too long, I cut my left index finger. This is very easy for me as I do not watch where the end of the scissors are before I snip! OUCH!

After dinner (oh yes, one more chance to give blood) I was mopping the floor. The mopping wasn't dangerous; it was the bone our dog had been eating on that got me. It blended into the rug at the sink. I stepped on it and screamed!! Sharp bone hurts, it hurts bad. William came running and saved the day. YES, I was bleeding Kevin. William, being trained in wilderness first aid (we do live in the wilderness) cleaned me up, put peroxide on and bandaged my foot. MY HERO!!

So there, I feel better now that I let you in on all that went on trying to get ready for the Farmers Market. It ain't purdy people! Tomorrow we bake, therefore more opportunity for bodily damage...


6 comments:

Daba said...

This reminds me of a conversation I was having with another mommy today. Who would know by looking all that is required to pull every element of life together. It is truly orchestrating a symphony. Kind of like a quote I once read about about ducks, that explained how they float so gracefully atop the water, while no one sees, the fierce paddling going on underneath! You said it best "It ain't purdy" ha!

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm gonna buy stock in band-aid!

Jennifer P. said...

that's a lot of blood for one day! Hope you ate a little steak or something for extra iron :)!

Stay safe!

Lisa said...

Oh, I left out one other thing! I have a cavity in a molar that is KILLING me. Dentist isn't open on Friday; so I have to go ALL weekend.
FYI - don't take 600ml. of ibuprofen on an empty stomach. Mother of Pearl!

Lisa

Sarah Q said...

don't forget Hannah she broke a glass and got it in her foot.

Lisa said...

You're right, Hannah cut her foot also!

Lisa Q