Monday, January 19, 2009


chicken noodle

This is what I made for dinner tonight! Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.

Hannah took the picture for me. Have to give credit where credit is due!


Recipe:

Whole Chicken

Cup of cut carrots

1/4 cup chopped onion

3 chicken bullion cubes

Fresh ground pepper

2 tsp. salt Salt

1 tsp. Thyme

1 tsp. Rosemary

Egg Noodles

Cook chicken in a gallon of water until tender. Remove chicken from pot. Add fresh carrots, onion, bullion, thyme, rosemary, pepper, and salt. Remove chicken from bone and add to pot. Let simmer for 30 mins. until carrots are tender. Add egg noodles and let simmer 10 mins. more. You may need to add some chicken broth at this point as liquid may be getting low. ENJOY!!


photo courtesy of Hannah Queen

4 comments:

De Gina said...

Way to go! How did you like the thyme and rosemary in there?

Dana said...

Homemade chicken noodle soup. Way to go Wonder-Mom :). I will be borrowing this one...I know my boys will love it.

Lisa said...

The thyme and rosemary are wonderful additions to chicken noodle soup.

And my kids loved the whole honking pot!!!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Ooooo...I'm making this for sure! Thanks!