Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Home Education

http://pattisoriginals.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/homeschool.jpg

Excerpt from Voddie Baucham:


Education is discipleship; whomever we allow to educate our children is discipling our children. “A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone when he is fully trained will be like his teacher” (Luke 6:40 ESV).


If I knew for a fact the school down the street could ensure better test scores for my children, I still wouldn’t give them my children! I am commanded to bring my children up in the nurture and instruction of the Lord (Eph. 6:4), and to do so by teaching them God’s statutes when I sit in my house, when I lie down, when I rise up, and when I walk along the way (Deut. 6:7). I am also admonished not to place myself, or by extension my children, under false teaching (Col. 2:8), or to expose them to teaching that undermines God’s Law (Matt. 5:17-20). Instead, I must teach them to “take every thought captive” (2 Cor. 10:5), to refuse to be “conformed to the pattern of this world” (Rom. 12:2), and meditate on God’s Law day and night (Ps. 1:2).


AMEN!!

1 comment:

marmee said...

great admonition! i am online ordered books today. have a great school year.