Saturday, August 29, 2009

Government Schools

“I am as sure as I am of Christ’s reign that a comprehensive and centralized system of national education, separated from religion, as is now commonly proposed, will prove the most appalling enginery for the propagation of anti-Christian and atheistic unbelief, and of anti-social nihilistic ethics, individual, social and political, which this sin-rent world has ever seen.”

A.A. Hodge


Since it is illegal for students in our government schools to be taught from a Christian perspective, then it follows that they must be taught from a non (or anti) Christian perspective.

The result of non-Christian education is anti-Christian education. Government schools must be anti-Christian. They can be nothing else. Therefore, to send a child to a government school is to have them trained in an anti-Christian environment for 14,000 instructional hours. To get that much instruction from church a child would have to attend two hours a week for one hundred and forty years!



If you’re really against government-run, socialized programs, yank your kid off the yellow prison bus and just say no.


3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

oh my goodness...I just stuck my kid on the yellow prison bus today. I didn't want to. I have a prayer in my heart that I can figure out how to homeschool again..I agree with this whole-heartedly, the most I can do for now is just try and undo the damage.

stupid ex husband ruined my whole life. I just gotta get that out there now and then... :/

Lisa said...

Jennifer, don't fret, God will protect your boys. I know it was not the choice you wanted to make; it was made for you by that 'stupid ex husband'.

You are a good momma and they will be fine young men.

Lisa Q

Emily said...

Lisa, I have to disagree with you. Maybe I was just fortunate enough in my time at the yellow bus prison to encounter many teachers who professed their faith in Christ and taught from at the very least, an open-minded viewpoint. For example, my biology teacher taught both evolution and creationism as "theories" but flat out told us that he believed that in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth... My bible study leader throughout high school was a 6th grade teacher. She is open with her students about her faith in Jesus and has never been reprimanded for that. Every morning in Georgia public school the entire school has a "moment of silence" which is basically a prayer time. And hey, the pledge of allegiance which is said every morning clearly says "under God"! I can never remember once encountering a teacher who was flat-out anti Christian. I do not believe public schools are anti-Christian, but as I said earlier, maybe I was just lucky enough to attend a good school. However, you are a great teacher and I know homeschooling has worked fabulously for your family. Obviously God has blessed you with a gift for teaching because you have brought up 3 remarkably intelligent children. Just wanted to put in my 2 cents. Love ya girl.