Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Melancholy

It is a melancholy day for me. I am not really a fan of change; not in areas that are foundational. Being an only child that lost her parents as a relatively young adult, I want those things that are my foundations to be stable.

Our marriage has always been solid and I thank William for that. Divorce has never been in our vocabulary. We have only owned two homes, so home has been stable. William hasn't had alot of jobs; he is stable in his employment. We have raised our children to be stable, responsible people.

Church hasn't been so stable for a year and that has been difficult. Yesterday we made the decision to remove our fellowship and membership with our church; not an easy decision. We are not angry, but definitely sad. We are not church hoppers because again we desire stability for our children and ourselves. Unfortunately there are times that you have to make the hard choice even when it means feeling unsure about the future.

So, now we pray where God would have us; where He wants us to minister. I have to trust Him because this is not an easy place for me.

Psalm 9:10

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.


No comments: