Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Wonderful Good Day!

daylilies


This morning our pastor spoke about grace and the law. It was very eye opening and beneficial in helping me find a balance that so many times eludes me due to poor teaching in the church.

We can not throw out the law and live solely under grace because we would walk in disobedience. There are requirements the God has placed on us and He has said that we will need strength and endurance. If we live only under grace there would be no need for either of these.

The balance is to not move over into legalism requiring certain 'things' of people for them to be holy. ie, hair length, dress length, head covering, etc. Whatever we do or do not do must come from the heart, in obedience to what we believe God is asking of us.

What a blessing to hear the Word!!


The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalm 18:2

Now may the God Who gives the power of patient endurance (steadfastness) and Who supplies encouragement, grant you to live in such mutual harmony and such full sympathy with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus.
Romans 15:5


My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip or to be moved; He Who keeps you will not slumber.
Psalm 123:2-3

No comments: