Thursday, May 29, 2008

An introduction of sorts.

gardening
school
herbs
I am a city girl who moved to the country seven years ago. My husband owns a small business and I homeschool our two younger children. Our oldest daughter is leaving for college in August. We are making major adjustments to our lifestyle and I thought maybe it would be helpful to share our ups and downs with others.
I love to laugh and find humor in much of my life. I have gone from having little worries financially to pinching pennies. I look at each day as a blessing and challenge. God won't give me anything I can't handle with His help!!
My mom was not a cook and therefore I learned NOTHING about cooking. I learned NOTHING about saving money because I was an only child with fairly well off parents. Ok, so now for reality. Real life decided to interrupt my "princess lifestyle" sometime after I got married. I wouldn't change a thing, but it isn't always easy.
This year I have begun a garden, cut down on prepackaged foods, started baking our bread, and adjusting our spending. We use, reuse, and do without. We also recycle extensively thanks to my almost 18 yr. old. Hannah is a brilliant young lady with a passion for the environment. You will hear alot about her and her two siblings. They are my heart and soul.
My husband is a hard working man with an unwavering devotion to his family. He runs his own business and works around our home thanks to his "honey do list". William is a proud Eagle Scout that is now enjoying helping our son Hayden in scouts.
Our middle child is Sarah and she is an extraordinary 13 yr old. She has poise and wisdom beyond her years. She loves to bake as does her older sister. We cater events in our area and both girls are HUGE assets.
I hope you enjoy 'Life with the Queens'. Our lives so far have been an incredible journey.

No comments: